Since 1992, Mini Scholars has been dedicated to providing high-quality childcare and preschool in a safe, fun environment. Our genuine commitment to children and their families has earned us the reputation as being one of the finest childcare, preschool, and afterschool programs in the area. Our center exceeds requirements and guidelines established by the state. We are also Class "A" licensed.
Our philosophy is to provide children with a broad range of experiences that meet their development and promote a positive self-image. We believe that every child is a unique individual and we promote each child's physical, intellectual, emotional and social development.
Children need early childhood programs that will enable them to grow and develop to their fullest potential. Each stage of their growth is important and unique. We use a creative, developmental curriculum and teacher resources. The curriculum provides a balance of daily teacher-directed activities and child-directed activities. Our goal is to make learning fun and help prepare children for the future.
2 Large Playgrounds: The boys and girls at Mini Scholars have a great time playing in 2 exciting playgrounds. The playgrounds are fenced and monitored for safety. Each playground has bright colorful "Kid Approved" & "Age Appropriate" equipment! The environment is a safe place to climb, swing and develop strength and coordination.
- Outdoor Covered Area: Beneath our outdoor "Covered Area" you will find children discovering new concepts as they enjoy play-doh, sand and water tables and other exciting hands-on activities.
- Outdoor Court: At Mini Scholars we also have an outdoor court which provides and opportunity for children to enjoy basketball, 4-square, and other organized games.
- Outdoor Track: To help develop large gross motor skills we provide the children with safety trikes and off they go! The children have a great time riding on a specially designed track for Mini Scholars.
- Large Recreation Gym: The Mini Scholar's Gym has "Interest Centers" for all ages. Interest Centers are structured to offer opportunities for both quiet and active play, while promoting cooperation between children.
- Interest Centers-house corner, creative arts, building blocks, reading, puppet, game, manipulative, and more!
- Game Room: Game console area (X-Box, Nintendo, Playstation), Sports Centers-air hockey, foosh ball table, basketball, Toys, Toys, & More Toys!
- Indoor Playzone: Rain or Shine, children can enjoy crawling in the tunnel, climbing, sliding and playing in the ball pit.
Mini Scholars is a great place to work-that's why we attract energetic, loving and qualified caregivers. Our pre-kindergarten teacher has a B.A. in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education. She taught kindergarten for 10 years in the Ouachita Parish School System and has been teaching pre-kindergarten since 1992 at Mini Scholars. Every staff member is required to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification. Teachers, classroom assistants and directors are trained in early childhood development and must complete at least 15 hours of in-service training per year. Staff turnover at Mini Scholars is among the lowest in the area!
Internet ready camera system allows parents and relatives to view the classroom. Watch the children as they have fun and enjoy a day of learning experiences!